Vacancy Announcement No. 111/21
Position Title: AIFO Liberia Country Administrator
Issued on: 20 September 2021
Deadline for Application: 3rd December 2021
AIFO is currently seeking to recruit a Country Administrator / National Administrative Coordinator for all its operations in Liberia. Qualified women and men with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Italian Association Amici di Raoul Follereau (AIFO) is an Italian non-for-profit organisation that has been present in Liberia since 1997. AIFO Liberia offers opportunities for people affected by leprosy, persons with disabilities, women, children and members from vulnerable and marginalised communities to improve their quality of life. AIFO Liberia initiatives focus on healthcare and economic empowerment to trigger large scale positive change. AIFO Liberia is accredited by the Ministry of Finance and Development Planning, Republic of Liberia; accreditation number 0094.
This is a 1-year contract, with a 3-month probation period and with the possibility of renewal. The selected candidate will be based in Monrovia and will work in collaboration with the Country Director, reporting to AIFO HQ.
The Country Administrator is responsible for the supervision, management and quality implementation of all aspects of AIFO financial and administrative operations in-country. In particular, the Country Administrator will ensure the proper administrative and accounting management of AIFO projects in Liberia.
- Supports the Country Director and Project Managers in the administrative management, budget analysis, budget forecasts, and fund requests of ongoing projects;
- Ensures that financial expenses and transactions are in line with donors and AIFO procedures;
- Supports, coordinates, and supervises the regional offices;
- Support the Country Director in the management of the annual financial plan and country designated budget in Liberia in collaboration with the HQ;
- Ensures proper paper and digital filing of documents;
- Ensures compliance with the country's tax and labour laws.
- Provides for the recording of expenses and other financial transactions on the organization's accounting application;
- Monitors the cash flow of projects and carries out long-term planning of fund transfers in coordination with the Country Director, the Project Managers and the HQ;
- Monitors Project Managers expenditures based on budget availability;
- Provides for the payment of salaries within the framework established by country laws;
- Provides bank and cash reconciliation for all ongoing projects in the country;
- Prepare annual financial statement and have it audited by a LICPA licensed firm to ensure compliance with the national NGO annual reporting requirement;
- Arrange and oversee the AIFO Liberia annual general audit and project audits;
- Support the application of the renewal of AIFO’s business registration and re-accreditation to be processed in a timely manner, in collaboration with the Country Director.
Human Resources Management
- Supervision, coordination and periodic training of administrative staff; participates in the recruitment of administrative staff;
- Prepares and edits local staff contracts in cooperation with the Country Director, Project Managers and HQ to ensure they are in line with AIFO policies and state laws;
- Supports the Country Director in obtaining all necessary permits for expatriate staff (visa, work permit);
- Development and/or updates of administrative tools/template for AIFO Liberia.
Logistics and procurement
- Supervises transactions;
- Ensures compliance for the purchase of goods and services according to donor and AIFO rules;
- Updates and monitors the inventory of projects and AIFO assets in collaboration with the logistician.
Requirements to achieve role’s objectives:
– University degree in finance, accounting, administration or related field
– At least 3 years of proven professional experience in the same role
– At least 2 years of proven experience with INGOs
– Good knowledge of main donors’ administrative rules and procurement procedures (in particular EU and SIDA)
– Experience in audits management
– Experience in managing staff/teams
– Excellent knowledge of English language; excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Ability to meet deadlines and work under stress; Ability to work independently; Reliability and precision
– Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, send your CV, a cover letter detailing how you meet the job specification and three references to email@example.com indicating in the subject of the email: AIFO Liberia Country Administrator – N.111/21
We apologise in advance, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date. The selection respects the principles of equal opportunities (Law 903/77).